The Chief Data Architect position is based in Miami and serves as a liaison between the business, Corporate IT, software engineering to represent all aspects of data management and data governance. Collaborates with the business, IT organizations, and cross-functional teams to plan develop, implement, maintain, and enforce the comprehensive data strategy as well as standards and processes associated with all aspects of data storage, access, retention and integration with internal and external systems.
Create and maintain a corporate repository of all chief data architecture artifacts. Create data architecture strategies for each subject area of the enterprise data model. Communicate strategies, plans, status and issues to all levels up to and including executives. Leads and coaches the data feature development teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Defines vision, strategy and principles for managing and interacting with data.
• Defines standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, storing, searching and delivering all data across the organization.
• Develops and implements the comprehensive enterprise data strategies; including data modeling, implementation and data management for our enterprise data warehouse and advanced data analytics systems.
• Responsible for planning and implementing data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships and advanced Data Analytics systems all in accordance with the comprehensive enterprise data strategy.
• Gathers requirements, gains business and IT alignment, performs vendor and product evaluations, mentors’ business and IT resources.
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure end-to-end technical and business viability.
• Ensures the successful delivery of solutions, training and documentation.
• Provides leadership in establishing operational and analytic environments.
• Maintains, communicates and enforces guidelines for industry recognized best practices of all aspects of data and database development efforts.
• Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Deep knowledge in various established and emerging data technologies.
• Ability to quickly engage and understand the current enterprise data environments.
• Ability to grasp an accurate big-picture understanding of the needs of the business and develops and conveys a vision an appropriate and robust solution.
• Strong understanding and experience implementing master data management and improving data quality.
• Solid understanding of data architecture and data modeling techniques.
• Structured thinker and effective communicator with proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations and comfortable with interacting with customers.
• Experience collaborating with vendors directly to achieve the desired results.
• Experience working with structured and unstructured data.
• Experience consuming/exposing data in various ways, including: APIs, BI Tools, SQL.
• Ability to reverse engineer existing data flows and source to target mappings.
• Strong troubleshooting skills, able to gather necessary details in order to determine a proper solution.
• Experience working with cross functional teams to deliver robust solutions that meet the need.
• This position requires less than 10% of travel nationwide.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS, or Mathematics Bachelor Degree.
• Ten (10) + years of healthcare industry experience in Information Technology.
• Ten (10) + years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
• Extensive experience for collecting business requirements from customers and transform the requirements into business solutions.