The Help Desk Support Technician will be responsible for supporting end users who are experiencing difficulties with their computer hardware, software or supported company medical devices. The position will troubleshoot technical issues over the phone, or from a remote or physical location with end-users.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides level 2 technical support in a professional manner to customers by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; maintaining hardware performance and documenting and closing tickets efficiently.
• Document troubleshooting procedures, operations manuals, and user guides.
• Complete tasks via email, ticket system, or remotely with some phone contact and/or travel to site locations to troubleshoot equipment hardware and software problems.
• Setup computers and install desktop software applications, and test network connections to ensure proper functioning of computer systems.
• Respond to escalated request from help desk for issues related to computers, phones, printers, faxes, and scanners.
• Adhere to policies and procedures as per corporate manuals and directives.
• Handle daily technical support activities on desktop support, data network and server management.
• Provide LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) support to remote end users.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite; Experience on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 operating systems required, experience with VPN, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Windows Active directory, Junos Pulse, Android and IPhone mobile devices, as well as basic knowledge of medical equipment.
• Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching solutions and guiding clients through corrective steps.
• Interact with staff on desktop problems to ensure customer satisfaction and resolution.
• Ensure that tickets in the system queue are being completed in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with IT market manager to purchase computer systems through the purchase and supplies department.
• With direction from leader, setup of Linux Android G-Boxes and insure they are in proper working order.
• Configure new servers and reconfigure established servers as determined by leader.
• Complete other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Solid Understanding of Computer hardware, software, networking technology.
• Smart phone configuration knowledge (Android and iPhone).
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and related Operating systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot network issues with minimal supervision.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Travel required; must have reliable transportation.
• Fluent in English.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or related field) or equivalent experience.
• Certifications in A+ and N+ preferred.
• One to Three (1-3) years’ experience in IT.
• Customer Service Skills.
• Previous Help Desk or Desktop Support experience preferred.
• Experience with IT ticketing system a plus.