Carvechi is seeking a Applications Manager based in Austin, TX
You will be responsible for day to day operations of the infrastructure applications team responsible for the delivery of process-driven solutions across the ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and ITSM (IS Service Management) domains. The ITs Applications Manager concurrently manages one or more software projects. The IT Applications Manager will be effective through defining, planning, coordinating, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Champion vision for leveraging the strengths of ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) to deliver an optimal delivery pipeline solution and strengthened working relationships
• Manage assigned personnel, allocate work and make decisions regarding employment, performance appraisal, training and development, salary recommendations, promotion and transfer.
• Advocate on behalf of the customer (Voice of the Customer) solutions that deliver business value
• Adopt and refine SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) methodologies (waterfall, agile, RUP, Scrum or a mixture) that best align with the needs of the business/project
• Drive a self-learning and sharing culture focused on new technologies, industry trends, vendor offerings, successful leadership qualities, soft skill improvements and process frameworks
• Interface with vendors for product information, maintenance, billing, contract issues, and the timely resolution of escalated problems.
• Provide Project management and overall leadership for projects and initiatives.
• Interface with Sr. Management on business requirements/goals and translate them into technical specifications with solution proposals.
• Lead proof of concept engagements and evaluate next generation architectures and solutions.
• Fully manage the complete life-cycle of a project engagement, including research, design, planning, implementation, operations and project management.
• Manage cross-functional training for application teams on specific solutions.
• Research new and existing technologies and provide recommendations.
• Troubleshooting and problem solving for system and application issues.
• Partner with business and technology leaders to understand their roadmaps and its impact to current and future solutions
• Deliver projects with an optimal level of project management oversight, documentation, training, quality, communications and status reporting
• Manage and seek the reduction of vendor and internal support-related costs
• Apply appropriate risk management and root cause analysis in the delivery of quality solutions
• Participate in the ownership, delivery and refinement of compliance activities (SOC2, HIPPA, FERPA)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and/or a minimum of 10+ years of equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of relevant management experience
• Strong knowledge of SCM (Software Configuration Management), ALM and ITIL best practices
• Working knowledge of the following SDLC disciplines: modeling, requirements management, coding, change management, configuration/version management, build management, test management and release/deployment management
• Working knowledge of BMC RemedyForce, Samanage, HP Service Anywhere, JIRA Service Desk, ServiceNow or other enterprise service desk applications
• Practical application of project management best practices
• (Preferred) 5+ years of software development experience
• (Preferred) 3+ years of process design/architect role
• (Preferred) ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
• (Preferred) Extensive knowledge of Salesforce/RemedyForce
• (Preferred) Played an instrumental role in a DevOps deployment effort
• Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
• Strong influencing, negotiation and vendor management skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels of leadership
• Exceptional customer service focus
• Strong documentation skills and can publish written standards for use by peers
• Change management, Problem management, Capacity Management
• Extensive knowledge of Salesforce/RemedyForce, Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent knowledge of Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and IIS
• Office 365 implementation experience
• CMDB (Configuration Management Database) implementation experience