Carvechi Technology is hiring for a Application interface manager with experience in SQL and Splunk. Position is in Seattle, WA.
Oversee troubleshooting of application and interface issues reported in production and non-production environments, involving the use of SQL Server Extended Events, Catalog Views, Trace, Dynamic Management Objects, etc.
Also utilize WCF Trace and Process Monitor tracing and other analysis at the application tier, and utilize Splunk to review/correlate Event Log, XML and text log files for actionable steps.
• Utilize Splunk log analysis tool to collect and analyze high volumes of machine-generated data
• Monitor batch job interfaces and execution across all environments (development, test, UAT, production)
• Understand when restarts are required and new batch job failures require interface remediation
• Prefer but not required, that your Sys Admin and SQL skills would allow you to participate in interface remediation efforts • Coordinate with Applications and Operations teams on interface-related issues • Primarily point of contact for our interface partners at the State of Washington client • Gain expertise in all interface partner requirements and business processes • Perform impact analysis of application changes (service requests, change requests, etc.) • Troubleshoot production issues • Work with Business Analyst and perform requirements analysis as needed
• 2 years of experience establishing/monitoring job execution for IT systems
• Familiarity using Splunk for log analysis OR other Log Analysis tools including ELK/Logstash; Graylog; Sumo Logic; Logentries; Loggly or Sematext Logsene/SPM
• Demonstrated experience working within a distributed support organization • Demonstrated experience working with external and internal stakeholders • 2 years of experience performing systems analysis • Excellent communication and written skills • Proficiency with MS Office suite
Desired Experience: • Experience working with the public sector, ideally with State governments entities