Carvechi is hiring for a Directory of IT based in Miami, FL
The Information Technology (IT) Director develops, manages and maintains all internal information systems and enterprise architecture. Creates a long term roadmap to create and maintain systems and infrastructure, alerting the Executive Team to enterprise architecture needs and costs with sufficient lead time to establish budgeting to fund future needs. The IT Director maintains a project tracking process that establishes funding and timelines for IT projects, and monitors performance against those targets. He/She recommends the priority of IT projects to the CFO and Executive Team, and adjusts project priorities and timelines according to the needs of the organization. He/She hires, trains, and directs the daily efforts of a professional workforce.
• Leads strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives to enhance the enterprise architecture and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
• Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
• Collaborates with the appropriate departments and outside vendors to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs.
• Directs development and execution of a disaster recovery and business contingency plan.
• Analyzes complex business needs and recommends technical solutions to the Executive Team.
• Ensures adequate IT resources and support for remote users (including international travelers and employees), and subsidiaries.
• Provides technical support in addressing building and equipment maintenance services, along with other services necessary for buildings and business operations.
• Defines and communicates corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new network systems, equipment, software, and other technologies.
• Contributes collaboratively within a fast-paced environment to ensure design and delivery of high quality solutions which adhere to industry standards for architecture, security and privacy, and best practices.
• Conducts research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
• Stays abreast of technological trends; ensures that the company is making the best use of available technology.
• Ensures maximum uptime of all information systems impacting company business including SAP system, desktop computers and associated software, business machines, cell and smart phones, and telephone systems.
• Analyzes and improves upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
• Directs and prioritizes the workload of subordinate personnel and assists with workload prioritization as needed.
• Ensures continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance.
• Conducts and coordinates analysis, design and implementation of computer based information systems to meet user requirements.
• Performs performance and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred
• 8 – 10 years of experience managing or directing technological operations with a proven ability to lead a progressive IT team to develop and implement IT program in a business environment
• Prior supervisory experience required
• Strong hands-on knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, security, programming, server administration, and Helpdesk operations
• Ability to work with multiple technologies, aptitude for new technologies and ability to effectively apply technological solutions to business problems
• Proven experience in planning, organization, implementation and development
• Experience successfully managing the support of systems and network environments.
• Ability to provide strong leadership and timely/effective performance feedback
• Excellent written and oral communications, with ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
• Exceptional organizational skills; proven ability to multi-task
• Able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information