Carvechi is hiring for a Systems Engineer based in Austin, TX
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for operational and project-oriented deployment Hands-on technical duties include the installation, configuration, maintenance, and performance tuning of HP infrastructure components. Support technologies within the infrastructure related to processing, virtualization, storage, and converged communications with hands-on planning, design, and implementation. Work closely leadership team members to develop a collaborative approach to service delivery.
• Knowledge of HP Enclosures/Blades, Flex adapters, ILO, OA, Vconnect
• VMware, implementation, troubleshooting and support, storage, vswitch, dswitch .
• OS support, Microsoft 2008R2, 2012R2, Linux, Unix
• Capable of managing an environment consisting of (guests and hosts combined) inclusive of a Disaster Recovery Environment under a 20% growth rate annually. K
• Key areas include Windows system administration, VMware, and Storage administration.
• Preferred areas of depth include hardware, remote server management, storage on a fiber channel backbone, and virtualization. Available for 7×24 work as needed including for project tasks and on-call escalation.
• Proficiency within MS Project and capable of using a project plan, working with Service Account Managers, to execute implementations.
• Understanding of organizational dynamics when collaborating with customers. Has passion for the IT Systems Administration domain.
• Able to develop a working relationship with sound technology fundamentals with software development teams.
• Very strong expertise in monitoring and event correlation in support of the ITS Supervisor of Network Monitoring.
Candidate must have working knowledge of the following technologies:*
HP Enclosures, Windows 2003, Windows 2008Windows XP, Vista, 7UNIX/Linux, MS SQL Server 2005, 2008MS Failover Clustering with SQL Server VMware and Hyper-VEMC VNX and/or Hitachi AMS Fiber channel, x86 architecture, Ethernet, VOIPHP Server Technologies including Systems Insight Manager, iLO, and other remote management systems Citrix XenApp
• University Degree (or additional field experience) in MIS, IT, Computer Science, or other technology oriented major.7+ years in managing enterprise systems administration functions at a hands-on level.
• Certification(s) in at least one of the following: CCNA, MCSE, MCITP, VCP, or similar vendor certification(s).